Cosmetic surgery and wellness treatments
About Lymphatic massage
This day to day life creates a build-up of toxins and gives birth to new health issues which might need special attention when problematic. The active lymphatic system is an essential part of the body which helps in getting rid of toxins. A healthy lymphatic system is necessary for movements of smooth muscle tissues. It also helps in removing waste created in the body and prevents infection with the help of white blood cells.
What to expect at a consultation with the doctor?
- The doctor may recommend a lymphatic drainage massage if you have undergone surgery related to lymph nodes.
- At the Aesthetic Medispa, the doctor might ask you the information about the concerns that you have. He/She will discuss the procedure of the treatment.
- He/She might ask you the details about your medications and drugs to analyze and avoid any interactions.
- The doctor might suggest a general health checkup to ensure if the patient is eligible for the treatment.
- The doctor will also provide you with the guidelines of what to avoid and how to take care of yourself after the treatment.
Consultation is an important step in the whole procedure. It is a step for you to evaluate the doctor, facilities you are being provided; so, check whether you trust the doctor and are comfortable around the doctor and his/her staff.
Who is an ideal candidate to receive this treatment?
Following are the criteria for those who want to receive this treatment –
- The candidate shouldn’t have any serious conditions like a high risk of blood clots or Congestive heart failure( CHF) etc.
- The candidate should not have a lymphatic infection in its active form.
- The candidate should be aware of his/her reasons for receiving this treatment and should have realistic expectations from the same.
How is this treatment performed at Aesthetic Medispa?
The doctor at the Advanced Aesthetics might prepare you for various methods that are conducted to bring the patient relief.
- Lymphatic breathing
The doctor might tell you to rest your palms on your stomach and breathe deeply which might last up to an hour.
- Upper body massages include-
1.Chest- By stroking and brushing your hands the doctor will cover the area of the neck and the collarbone.
2.Shoulder- The massage will be given by placing the hand over the back of the shoulder and stroking and gently moving towards the neck.
- Lower body massages include-
- Upper leg- In a repetitive manner the doctor will massage by stretching the skin and gently moving the hand from the inside of the thigh to the outside.
- Lower leg – The doctor will gently stretch the skin upward with the help of one hand on the shin and the other hand on the back of the calf.
3.Toes – The doctor will massage you by using thumb and index finger to give the fluid a pathway from toes to toward the foot.
What to expect after the procedure?
- It is advised to patients who have gone through lymphatic massages to continue using compressed garments to prevent swelling and follow other guidelines given by the doctor for early recovery.
- It is also advised to be well hydrated. Drinking water can help in flushing out toxins.
- The doctor will advise you to increase the intake of vegetables and fruits as they are a good source of antioxidants and vitamins.
What are the benefits of lymphatic massage?
Lymphatic drainage massage helps lymphedema which is caused due to the build-up of lymph fluid which causes a particular area to swell up. It often happens near the arms or legs. Lymphatic drainage massage helps in the movement of lymph fluids that are stimulated in the body to improve circulation.
The naturally stimulated blood flow can benefit your face and your body in various aspects. This technique can be used for cellulite reduction and face sculpting. The massages can be beneficial to the patients in various aspects. Apart from lymphedema, it also helps in healing skin disorders like scarring, leg wounds. Ulcers, and eczema. It helps in reducing swelling and detoxifying the body as well.
Everyday stress can create havoc in our bodies and can lead to chronic illness. This massage helps in relieving overwhelming stress and brings your body back to track. It also helps in rejuvenating the tissues which become necessary for the patient who is suffering from fatigue.
It is safe to opt for lymphatic drainage massage and give a healthy boost to your lymphatic system and helping your body smile.
Start here, by making an appointment with Dr. Ashish
Dr. Ashish Davalbhakta (Chief Aesthetics Plastic Surgeon) is available from Mon- Sat for a virtual video consultation or an in-clinic consultation.