At Aesthetics Medispa, we believe in a transparent relationship with our patients. We want them to understand all their options, possible risks and complications as well as the detailed steps involved in each procedure. As a result, we are very open to questions and encourage each and every patient to ask us plenty of them. Unfortunately, there are many popular cosmetic surgeons in India today who aren’t as transparent in their dealings. So here we are enlisting some questions every patient must ask his/her cosmetic surgeon prior to undergoing cosmetic surgery.
Questions to ask your cosmetic surgeon in India
- How long have you worked in this field? How many procedures similar to the ones I need have you done before?
- Can you give me a brief idea about your educational qualifications?
- Do you perform revision/correction surgeries? How many times have you required correcting your own surgery?
- What types of reconstruction procedures are available for my needs; which one would you recommend?
- Do you have before and after photographs of patients for the kind of surgery I am interested in?
- Will I have many scars? How long will it take for them to heal?
- What if, for some reason, I am dissatisfied with the outcome of the surgery?
- How much pain or discomfort will I experience?
- Are there any complications of this surgery that I need to be aware of?
- Will I need blood? If yes, can I be my own donor?
- Are there newer techniques that can also help me in areas I need that I am probably unaware of?
- What medicines will be given to me to manage pain?
- Would there be any reasons why I would not be a good candidate for this procedure?
- How long do you recommend should I be off work for healing and recovering?
- Do I have to take general anaesthesia? Will it make me sick? Can I opt instead for local anaesthesia?
- When can I resume normal activities, exercise, sexual intercourse etc?
- Do I need follow a special diet before and after the procedure?
- What would you do in case a complication arises?
- Do you give a written agreement regarding revisions? If the results are not what I have expected, what would you do?
- Are there any hidden costs or surcharges that I need to be aware of?
These 20 questions will give you an opportunity to know your cosmetic surgeon in India better and also help the doctor guide you through the process with as much comfort as possible. Naturally, it is very important to be upfront about your goals and expectations. Additionally, your cosmetic surgeon should also examine you completely and advise the best procedures for the desired results.
A good cosmetic surgeon will:
- Answer your questions clearly.
- Seek your response to the recommendations made
- Will only recommend the best procedures for your needs without pressurizing you into unnecessary or additional procedures.
- Will welcome you to ask questions pertaining to costs, his/her experience, policies etc.
- Clearly warn you regarding possible outcomes, results and risks
- Leave the final decision up to you.
To schedule a consultation with board certified cosmetic surgeon in India, call or visit Aesthetics Medispa today!